As we wrap up a church program year, we celebrate all that God has done in us and through us this past year. We are not claiming to be a perfect church. We are far from it. We are just acknowledging that God is at work in us. Below is a list of a few of the initiatives that were accomplished this year in each of the five “big boxes” at Ward.
- Launched Internet Venue – Began broadcasting our services online every week.
- Hired full-time Worship Director – Billy Petty began on May 13, 2013.
- Weekly Communion – Began serving communion weekly in our Chapel Service.
- Online Giving – There was a 12% increase in number of online donors which made up 15% of overall giving.
- Special Offerings – A total of $184,940 was given at Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter, which is a 31% increase over last year.
- Newcomers Dessert Monthly – Began monthly desserts to connect with people who are new to Ward with an average attendance of 25.
- Midweek Bible Study – Began a new weekly large group in-depth Bible Study.
- WOW Tuesday P.M. – Began offering 3 different WOW Tuesday classes at night.
- Right Now Small Group Resource – Launched access to an online media resource tool available for free to anyone at Ward.
- Hired full-time Small Groups Director – Dustin Schlabach began on April 30, 2013.
- Financial Peace University – Ran FPU classes in the fall and winter, graduating 142.
- Student Integration – Began an intentional integration of students into Worship Services and all-church serving opportunities.
- “FX: A Family Experience” – Our program that integrates kids K-5 with parents completed its first full program year and has averaged over 500 since February.
- Summer Camp – This summer we will be launching a new integrated NextGen Summer Camp for Children through Senior High.
- Mali – Planted our first church in Kangaba. The first worship service took
- place on December 9, 2012.
- India – MEDIC micro-finance program started in Patna.
- Hamtramck – Conducted a survey and prayer walks in Hamtramck.
- Motor City Makeover – Renovated a house in Central Detroit and transitioned a family into it. Our next renovated house is nearing completion.
- E.A.C.H. – Partnered with local area churches for prayer walks, a Christmas parade in Northville and a cereal drive.
- Recycling Program – Began a recycling program within our facility.
- New Bulletin Format – Our new Worship Service bulletin format saves at least 28% of total yearly costs in printing over the previous format.
- Revised Website – Launched a completely revised and updated website.
- Volunteers Up, Costs Down – 52 new volunteers helped save the church $17,250 in various maintenance, repair, and upkeep costs.
- Smart Scheduling – So far, we have a budget surplus of $17,369 in gas and electric costs due to on-going efforts in HVAC and lighting management.